Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green,  David Levithan This is a hard one to rate. I appreciated its humour, and there were a couple of moments when I really felt for the characters (notably because of what Maura did), but overall... I don't know. Maybe because I was expecting a whole different story, considering the book's title and summary, and it's not this one I got? Both Wills didn't interact that much, and I didn't really see the point of that specific plot hook, in fact. Besides, while I tend to like over the top characters, I think Tiny was just too much for me here. Not to mention that there's a lot of self-absorption, self-centered thoughts going on in there, for most of the protagonists. It could've worked if I had been fed a little less of it, but after a while, it started to feel like the ugliest aspects of teenagers in general thrown into a Rainbow Brite world. Very bizarre.

(And I really couldn't get over the lack of capitalisation in every even chapter; sorry, it just makes my eyes bleed.)

I guess I'll file this as OK read for now, and may up the stars if I still remember it in a couple of months. Who knows.