Goodreads tag meme

tagged, uh, everyone? So I guess it's as good an excuse as any to do this meme.

1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'?

Child of a Hidden Sea by A. M. Dellamonica.

2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?

Reckoning by Kerry Wilkinson.

3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'?

Darkness by Erin Everland.

4. What book do you plan to read next?

Possibly The Bone Church by Victoria Dougherty, but this is liable to change, depending on 1) my mood, 2) whether NetGalley suddenly changes an Archiving date, and I find myself having to read another book before that. (I have about 17 novels waiting on my NG account, and I'm trying to keep my ratio up.)

5. Do you use the star rating system?

Yes, and I rate according to GR's guidelines. I adapt my ratings on Amazon, Booklikes, etc. whenever I rate books there, though.

6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?

I'm going with 200 books this year. I'll probably revert to 50 or so next year, because it feels like I wouldn't be able to keep up in the long run.

7. Do you have a wishlist?

Yes, my "to-read" shelf is basically that. I have a "to-read-owned" shelf for books I plan to read and already have (either paper or ebook version).

8. What book do you want to buy next?

Not sure yet. I'm trying to move abroad in the next two months, so I do my best to refrain myself from buying physical copies—and since the books I want to buy most are paperbacks right now, I have no idea yet what ebook I'll get instead.

9. Do you have any favorite quotes? Would you like to share a few?

Oddly enough, one of my favourite quotes comes from a book I didn't like, Real Vampires Don't Sparkle:

"That's English you're speaking," Matheus said. "The language that sidles up to other languages in dark alleys, mugs them, then rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary. It's the bitch-whore of languages, and it owns the world."

10. Who are your favorite authors?

In no particular order: Neil Gaiman, Philip Roth, Terry Pratchett, John Irving.

11. Have you joined any groups?

Several, but I'm more active in some of them than in others. I used to be fairly active in R4R groups; now I'm more active in writers' groups (probably because I have my hands full of read-and-review books with NetGalley).

12. Are there any questions you'd like to add to this tag?

Do you sniff physical copies of books? Or even your e-reader? Because I sure do.

The people I tag are:

Anyone who wants to be tagged.